Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Facebook the Never Never Word for Me

Another blog post on continuing the learning stream for the way the world is going. Not long ago my famous last words were "me, I will never do Facebook". If you think for one minute I am going to put myself out there, you are crazy. Well, I ate my famous last words and now have a Facebook page and actually enjoy looking at the daily posts. Sometimes I even feel that it is safe to make a comment. I know that once the post is out there all my Facebook friends will have access to my comment. It is fun and exciting to read what others are doing in their lives. Getting to see pictures of family, grandchildren and other events important to that individual is what makes the Facebook connection of value to me.

Facebook is also a great marketing tool for your employer, in my case it is Essdack. When using Facebook I can mention great learning opportunities going on at Essdack. Things like "My Kids Turn" "Podstock" just to name a couple of things. With having my friends on Facebook, I hope those buzz words spur curiosity for my readers on Facebook. My hope is that they wonder as to what those things really are and how it effects kids, teachers and parents of today!
The world we live in today is a very diverse connected place. We can be connected at all times if we desire. I believe that all the tools available today can be a very productive way to promote business and also connect to friends all over the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment