Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Essdack Small Fry on "What Not to Wear"

How we dress does affect our co-workers. Some of you may be familiar with the cable series "What Not to Wear". The other day, actually a few weeks ago, I entered the Essdack office, not even thinking about the sweater that I wore for the first time. I love animal print things, and it doesn't really matter to me what animal. One of my co-workers and friend, Pat was in the office on this particular day. Now, I know that she is as petrified of snakes as I am mice. Yikes, I will go running so fast I could win a slow marathon if I happen to spot one. Well, she is that way too, with any snake, I mean any snake. I was clueless as to what the print was that I so proudly wore on that day. Guess what folks, it was the print of a "Python". I learned very quickly the species of the snake, when the presenter at Essdack that day, Elaine Bernstorf said "I love your Python printed sweater". I thought OMG, it is a snake pattern.

In the meantime, I left the office briefly, came back to Pat being almost physically ill over my sweater. I offered to go home and change, that I would be happy to do so. Knowing how I would feel over a mouse print that I had to look at all day. She politely said "no that's ok, just don't give me a hug". She made it through the day and I promised her that I would never where the infamous sweater when we are in the office together. That was a day for me that I learned "What Not to Wear" when my friend Pat is in the office.

To all of you have a wonderful, productive and fun day.

No comments:

Post a Comment